|Passagem N.V. Tawny Port (500 ml) $19.99|
|Torbreck 2012 Shiraz “The Struie” $52.99
“Ohhhh, I am a lumberjack and I’m OK, I sleep all night and I work all day…” Sorry, I channel Monty Python whenever I hear the word “Lumberjack”. So when I heard Torbreck’s owner was a lumberjack who named his winery for the Scottish forest where he developed a mad set of blisters prior to growing wine, well, the song has been running through my head ever since… An exceptional example of this style of Syrah.
- Crowd pleasing wines for immediate consumption
- Serious wines for today, that often reward cellaring.
- All pinot, all the time!
- Quarterly shipment of luxury-class wines.
What Wine Lovers are Saying
- I can't tell you how much I look forward to receiving 2 new bottles ever other month. The fact that there is someone out there doing what you do provides a sense of looking forward and excitement...hope you keep it up! ~ Seth Pariser
- Dave - a quick note to tell you how much my wife and I enjoy the wines you send us. Your wine club has consistently sent great tasting wine from the very beginning - and that is quite a record, seeing as I was one your inaugural members back in 2005. So keep up the great job - both you and your club have exceeded my expectations. ~ Mo
- The arrival of a Sideway's Wine Club shipment is doubly exciting. Not only do I get great wine - but the recipes are out of this world!!! ~ L. Hyde
- Dave - I make it a priority to try the recipes from each shipment and have yet to be disappointed. I've even shared them with my butchers! ~ Liesl H.
Jon Bonné, the NY ex pat who moved to SF to write about wine for many years, then moved BACK to NY to get married, has penned an opus to a rising-star wine region – Germany’s Baden-Württemberg and W. Bavaria – a region collectively known as Swabia. Now, most of my education in the German […]
Ingredients: 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 3 garlic cloves, minced and 1 whole clove, peeled 2 1/2 cups cooked white beans, or drained and rinsed canned beans 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 1 baguette, cut into 24 […]
Amazon describes this book as “The #1 Best Seller” in their Wine Collecting category. Do I really need to say more? What can I add that the intelligence of the collective community hasn’t already said by voting with their credit cards? Just my opinion, I guess. Which one might see as sycophanitc burbling. You see, this […]